This is a super-simple recipe for finger lickin’ good chicken wings, marinated then cooked in the slow cooker so that the meat falls off the bone, then bunged in a hot oven to crisp up the skin. And all you need are four ingredients.
10-16 free-range chicken wings, cut into two pieces at the joint
Golf ball-sized piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
100ml teryaki marinade
1. Put all the ingredients into a freezer bag and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Transfer all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook for LOW for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove the wings from the slow cooker and transfer to a foil-lined roasting tray. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6 and cook the wings until crisp, approx. 8-10 mins.
4. Sieve the remaining marinade into a pan and bring to the boil on the hob. Reduce by half until you have a sticky sauce.
5. Serve the wings with a drizzle of sauce, accompanied by potato salad and sweetcorn.