This is fantastic served with roast beef for a Sunday roast. Check out my recipe for the Ultimate Roast Beef here.
Cauliflower florets (as many as you need)
50g plain flour
1-2 tsp paprika
50-100g strong cheese (I used Grana Padano)
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and par-boil the cauliflower until tender, but firm, approx. 5 mins.
2. Drain and cool, then transfer to a shallow baking dish.
3. Make a roux sauce by melting the butter than vigorously whisking in the butter. When it clumps, add the milk a little at a time until you have a smooth, thick sauce, like a batter. Add the cheese and continue to whisk.
4. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and sprinkle the paprika over.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Bake the cauliflower for 12-15 mins until the cheese bubbles and forms a slightly golden crust. Serve with roast beef.
• Serve as an accompaniment to this Ultimate Sous Vide ‘Roast’ Beef