If you’ve got a food processor, this dish is astonishingly quick and easy to make. Just bung in your ingredients, press the button and away you go. The flavours are fresh, zingy, spicy and green (you now what I mean, I’m sure). You could also cook it with chicken instead of the prawns.
For the curry sauce
1 can coconut milk
Big bunch of fresh coriander
2 fresh green chillies, de-seeded
1 red chilli, de-seeded
3 spring onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
Zest and juice of 3 limes
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 bag frozen cooked king prawns, or fresh if you prefer.
A dozen sugar snap peas
A dozen asparagus stems, chopped into 3cm long pieces
2. Put all the curry sauce ingredients in the food processor and whizz until smooth.
3. Transfer to a pan. Gently heat until the spices and chillies are cooked i.e. to remove their rawness, approx. 15-20 mins.
4. Add the vegetables and cook, approx. 4-5 mins.
5. Add the prawns and heat through, approx. 3-4 mins
6. Serve with egg-fried rice or egg noodles.