I may be a little late to this, but I’ve been tagged by KateOnThinIce who did a very interesting and entertaining review of last year in Q &A form. But better to arrive late than come early, as the actress said to the bishop..
1. What was your happiest event?
Teaching my (then) six year-old son to swim and ride a bike.
2. What was the saddest thing to happen?
Carrying my mum’s coffin to the crematorium with my brothers last January (she died in December 2010)
3. What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
Starting my blog and making it work. My friends are amazed. I was completely technophobic before.
4. Who let you down?
Me. I spent too much time being pessimistic about the future and not enough time living in – and enjoying – the present.
5. Who supported you?
Everyone I know, but especially my wife.
6. Tell us one thing you learned
That housework will never, ever go away when you’ve got three kids so there’s no point being a control freak about tidiness, as I used to be.
7. Tell us one thing that made you laugh
Leo Sayer being flung off a treadmill at the end of this clip (about 4 mins 20 secs in). Creases me up every time.
8. Tell us one thing that made you cry
Carrying my mum’s coffin into the crematorium with my brothers a year ago this week.
9. Tell us three things your child or children did to make you feel proud.
I’m always proud of them. They are kind, generous, polite kids. They are also messy, noisy and whiny, but I can forgive them that. Most of the time.
10. Tell us one thing that made you proud of yourself.
Nothing in 2011. Perhaps 2012 will change that.
11. Tell us one challenge you overcame
Becoming a full-time housedad.
12. Is there anything you would like to change about your life in 2012
Combine my housedad duties with working from home.
Now over to some other bloggers to see what they want to share about 2011.