Maggy at Red Ted Art and Josie at Sleep Is For The Week are running a crafty meme to spread the word ahead of the Vaccine and Immunisation Conference in London on June 13th where we have a chance to persuade world leaders to save 4 million lives in 4 hours.
These children deserve the chance to grow up, we need to get as many signatures as possible on that petition and then to keep making noise on our blogs, on Twitter and Facebook and in the traditional media. We have to stand up for these children and their parents and make our voices heard. No child should be dying of a preventable illness; it’s not right.
The challenge is simple and, hopefully, will get a nice little conversation going in your house about what your children would like to be when they grow up!
1) Get your child to either draw or craft a self-portrait of themselves now or in the future. Check out Maggy’s self-portrait post for some tips to get the little ones interested! (This was quite straightforward in our house: ‘Draw a picture now or you’re not watching telly later!’)
2) Sign the Save the Children petition and then pass it onto your friends
3) Write a blog post about it as soon as possible, including info about Save the Children and the petition. We want as many people linked up AND signed up the petition by Sunday 29th May 2011
4) Tag 8 fellow blogger friends
6) If you have time, visit each other posts and say hello!
I’m tagging the following people (and hoping they haven’t been tagged already)